Sunday 6 December 2015

7th December - trouble with maps -

Monday 7th December 2015

I think I have described how much I love my iPhone maps, and my gentle, calm guide, who I call Siri because surely there can only be only person living in my phone ready willing and able to help me with life’s little issues.  (Kerry says the MapLady is called Karen but…to me she is Siri.)  I find being navigator in a car is a more than stressful job.  I end up white-knuckled and trembling faintly and I am inordinately grateful to Siri/Karen for taking all of the stress away from me.  Well nearly always…


Sometimes, just sometimes, she and I get things wrong…  Pete and I went off for a small excursion for Kerry’s house the other day.  We wanted to buy sausages for lunch, at a shopping centre nearby, and we also wanted to go to the closest Dick Smith shop, fifteen minutes drive away, because they were having a massive sale and we needed to get a new hard drive thingy.  Somehow Pete didn’t quite obey her instructions and instead of redirecting us, Siri decided that where we REALLY wanted to go was 11 Kakabui Street.  A very nice, substantial house in an outer suburb…  We gazed at the house with furrowed brows…


I went back into white-knuckle mode and said that we should give Siri another chance.  She directed us, neatly and precisely to…


Once again, NOT Dick Smith…

Dick Smith was in the vicinity this time so we rushed into the shop looking slightly deranged.  We didn’t last very long in there because all of the sale items had been snapped up and there wasn’t a big enough hard drive thingy to be seen on the shelves.  Poor Kerry; we got back after two hours – he had been expecting us to be gone for…maybe half an hour…


This morning I have gone for another invigorating walk.  It is now quite hot so maybe I wasn't as speedy as I needed to be, but it was all very nice, looking at the Broadwater

Surfer's Paradise in the distance
A very special day – my mother’s 90th birthday!  Well worth celebrating!


My mother, Gina, is a brave and admirable person, much loved by the many generations in our family.  We are very lucky to have her, still looking good, still interested in everything and everyone around her.



No comments:

Post a Comment