Saturday 2 November 2013

3rd November -


Sunday 3rd November


Pete’s daughter Nicole is a fund raiser extraordinaire.  She has raised an incredible amount of money over the past few years – I think around $150,000 – for breast cancer research.

This takes, as you can imagine, an extraordinary amount of work and dedication.

Last night she and her committee had a BOFR (Breasts Out For Research) evening at her sister-in-law’s beautiful house, not far from Pete’s.  I was so lucky – all three of my girls were able to come with me. 

Nicky Marguerite Katy Clair 
There was only one other woman there in my age bracket – everyone else 40-ish or younger.

Oh deary me… Early on in the evening I found the toilet, a stylish newly  created affair, all gleaming surfaces.  I locked the door…did whatever was necessary and then…couldn’t unlock the door…

Hmmm… They window was too small, and was, in any case, fitted with a high tech locking mechanism.  The toilet was down a little passageway, not in the midst of things… I didn’t have my phone with me – funny, that.  So I started banging a bit pathetically on the door.  No I did not call out, in trembling tones, HELP HELP.  But I did rattle and bang until the door opened and I was face to face with two beautiful young women, totally unknown to me – my saviours!

Towards the end of the evening Nicky needed to go to the aforementioned toilet.  She said she stood outside the door, hopping from foot to foot, just a bit.  Maybe the person in there was doing a VERY big poo.  Or having a shower??  Or…was she locked in??  there were no bangings or cries for help, so she kept waiting until, finally, the door opened and out came the other woman-in-my-age-group, who said, in dark tones, “DON’T LOCK THAT DOOR!!!”

PS If you want to donate online...
www.everydayhero.com.au/BreastsOutForResearch


No comments:

Post a Comment