Tuesday 19 November 2013

19th November - Molucca


Tuesday 19th November



Molucca Day!  Or Melaka…or any other number of spellings…

Would a Singapore S.E.A Aquarium jellyfish be out of place??  I don't think so...
This is such a fascinating BIG city.  The area we were interesting is not so big – about one square mile of historic Chinatown/Indiatown.

I took some fabulous record- breaking photos and…they don’t seem to want to download so maybe I will never be able to show them to the world… One in particular is good enough to win the Wildlife section of the Malaysian Rally Photo Competition, hotly contested…if I can download it!!

There are 27 museums in the centre of Molucca.  Twenty Seven!!!  We only went to two.  Or three…it is a bit of a blur.  The Museum of Literature, and – ummmm – one which showed some sort of government official business.  All beautifully presented.

I rest my case....
The highlight, I think, was a forty minute river cruise.  Just
beautiful, and great fun.  And the source of my fabulous photo which is not downloading.  In a very annoying manner…


But here it is!  Huge watermonitors mating under the bridge!!!


The highlight, I think, was the forty minute river cruise. 

Yes this was the mating bridge!!
By then we were with Bill and Gail from SV Kularoo.  Gail met Bill seven weeks before setting foot on board his boat in Darwin – what a brave chick she is!!  She had never sailed out of sight of land before…

Bill Pete Gail
 There are many rickshaws to be hired in Molucca…all totally FROUFROU!!!



Our lunch at Nancy's Kitchen was delicious.

Top Hats  (Entree) - fabulous!!
We met some very nice people… Christopher Wilson (20) and his partner (25) whose name has completely gone but she was lovely – ballroom dancing dancers from Australia, about to compete in Penang.  Mostly it was a very Chinese-frequented place.  Dozens of people streaming in, through the kitchen, up the stairs…

LegoLand interspersed

And delightful Leah and Travis, from Vancouver… Travis looked so like my Michael in far-flung WarzoneUnnamed that I turned to poor darling Pete and…burst into unseemly tears and had to leave the room…


No comments:

Post a Comment