Friday 17 October 2014

18th October - back in Hobart (Tasmania, Australia...) - a slightly disjointed blogpost (I blame JETLAG!)


Saturday 18th October

Blossom! Blue Tasmanian sky!
Being home in beautiful Hobart is totally overwhelming.

We are very happy but both a bit emotional…

We have had family reunions with 75% of our offspring thus far…

Pete & sons

James, Pete, Martin
One Headlam daughter and two daughters-in-law

Rebecca and Kate - Bron inexplicably not in this photo
Some of Pete’s grandchildren

Harry and Holly
A fairy on a bike (my Zoe…)


And I have seen my beloved Dad and Fleur, who are full of chat and as sparky as ever. 


Dad showed me photos from a stick sent to him by my oldest cousin, Aad – fabulous photos, which he painstakingly rescued from a devastating house fire and restored.  I loved this one of my father as a very cute baby, with his older brothers, Carel and Wim.


And my mother with my (adopted) grandmother and her husband…


We are having another family dinner today and on the way we will visit Pete’s dear sister Lynne…in hospital, awaiting surgery… Last Tuesday she tripped on some inoffensive steps leading to a cafĂ© and she has torn ligaments and broken bones in BOTH legs… She is being excessively brave and cheerful; she is an indomitable person.  But…it is a dreadful blow and the whole family is devastated.

Some virtual irises for Lynne!
All is well in the Philippines – so far so good! 

Busuanga sunset
We spent so much time in the airport in KL on the way here (twice as long as  necessary…) that I was able to pluck up the courage to ask some of the security workers if I could take a photo – I am always amazed at how military and stern they are.  (They loved having a photo opp...)




No comments:

Post a Comment