Tuesday 14 October 2014

14th October - last day in KL; last day in Asia


Tuesday 14th October

At Manila airport we were greeted by an armed guard with…a fearful sniffer dog!!  I was too intimidated to take a photo, but I was able to nick this from Toby’s Facebook page…


We had a peaceful last day in KL.  Just a bit of shopping in the Central Market. 


Pete spent a lot of time in the wooden puzzle shop, which holds great fascination for him.  This nearby shop sold Indian clothes…

The young shopman rushed towards me, brandishing an enormous kaftan featuring large lurid butterflies.  It was immense; I could have fitted inside it with all three daughters.  I recoiled a bit and said, Goodness, do you think that is the right size for me?  Blink, blink…well obviously – YES!



I got my nails done at my “regular” Geo Hotel salon.  My manicurist did a very good job of prettifying my very shabby nails.  But…she was extremely distracted and thumped and pummeled away at my hands – part of the treatment here is a sort of hand massage experience – while gazing out the window.  I felt like saying, Ummm…this is NOT supposed to be painful!  I was quite fascinated by the other customers in the salon.  At least 50% of them were men; local men, fairly tough-looking.  NOT metrosexuals!  Having their hair dyed blacker than black, plus…facial massages with sweet-smelling unguents!

Our flight leaves at 11.30pm.  I have booked the hotel for another night so we don’t have go wander the streets of KL until the evening; this is a very sensible thing to do!  At least we won’t be beginning our journey fraught and exhausted.

And just one last piece of glorious Philippines GOLD
SO looking forward to tomorrow…Tasmania, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment