Saturday 3 August 2013

3rd August - last day in Kupang


Saturday 3rd August




A different day to yesterday…

This morning there was a call over the rally radio asking for people to come and take some of the beachcleaning ladies out to visit a boat.  Pete and I sent John off in the dinghy, and he came back with Gertie and Vera



wreathed in smiles and THRILELED to spend half an hour on board.  I wouldn’t have been quite as sanguine about their visit, as they wobbled out of the wildly tossing dinghy, had I known that they couldn’t swim… Gertie flirted her head off, first with John, and then even more so with Pete when she found out he was Captain O Captain.  “Oh, let me have a photo taken with Pete!  He is SO handsome!!  Do I look pretty?” as she nestled into his shoulder.  When they left, Gertie asked John if he would like to go for a walk with her. “I’m not game!” he said, retreating rapidly.



Pete and I were on a mission to get all of the computer/internet glitches sorted with The Team (above), so we went straight back into shore and I think Pete had about four long hours with poor beleaguered Indri and his support staff…

I stayed for lunch with a nice group of new BFFs, and then made my way by taxi out to the Ima Hotel, about five kilometres away.  Pete and John had met a very nice woman when they were off buying bread flour the other day.



Joice works as a branch bank manager during eh week, and at weekends runs a spa in this hotel, and she had given them her card, saying that Pete’s “wife” might like some nail art.  I had a lovely time.  Tanya was supposed to come with me, but she stayed on board Pedoja, relaxing.  Joice organised her minions (one on each limb) to give me a scrub…oh what bliss!  This involved a bit of he usual massage stuff, but the main event was a rub down with gently scented body scrub, quite abrasive.  The perfect thing for someone still suffering from midgie-inflicted itches!

They then gave me a manicure and Joice did the finishing touch – nail art!  I took a photo but it looks quite ghastly…pink and white flowers, quite crusty, on each nail…  But it will be great for tonight – we are having our gala dinner, in just a few minutes…

MUST GO!!!  Am wearing my long Vanuatu dress, all the colours of a tropical cocktail…(We have been instructed that women should cover their legs…)

No comments:

Post a Comment