Thursday 29 August 2013

29th August extra - Komodo Island - dragons - Rinca


Friday 30th August



Our first big Rinca dragon - and yes very intimidating...



This is how we looked, cosily tied together for our days between Kode and Rinca islands, surrounded by deer, dragons, monkeys, sea eagles…2XS and Marieke III, from opposite ends of the globe…

I seem to have a bit of an opportunity to catch up, with blogbits and photos.

So…strike while the iron is hot!

Where we are now is exceedingly beautiful.  Fabled Komodo Island!



We are anchored near a lovely beach – not pink, like the gorgeous one on Padar Island, but white and pretty nonetheless.  The sea is green and a bit opaque, not turquoise and sparklingly clear but…oh my goodness…the coral, the fish…just WONDERFUL!!  I have been in the water almost constantly, and in fact have been so salty that sometimes I would wake in the middle of the night thinking, Is this really my hair???  It does not feel like hair… I was extra clean, from all the immersion, and it seemed a wicked waste of water to have a shower and to use shampoo when a few minutes later I would be back in the sea.  Tonight I couldn’t bear it a minute longer – a week is a big build-up of saltiness - and I now have soft fluffy (slightly surprised…) hair… But tomorrow morning when I see that lovely water, those coral outcrops…splishy splash…straight back in the sea, fluffy hair notwithstanding…



No there aren’t any of these, on our beach.  Only pigs, rootling around happily, and deer…If there were dragons- yum yum, so much food!  This dragon was at our last anchorage…second last anchorage,…Ginggo Bay…I am getting so muddled…

I think I will just do this bit and leave our beautiful village time, and our wonderful bushwalk (Hot!  Steep!  Beautiful!) till tomorrow…Sleepyboboland beckons…)

(And who knows how long this internet connection will hold out??)

2 comments: