Tuesday 20 August 2013

20/8- Waikelo (Sumba)


Tuesday 20th August

It is possible there is a flicker of connection so I am writing this very quickly on Pete’s computer.

Mine is saying NO!!

Quite firmly.

I have written quite a lengthy photoblog thing on my Mac so I won’t try to reproduce it here; I will wait till COMPUTER SAYS YES.

But I just want to update our whereabouts.

We are anchored in rocky rolly Waikelo harbour (on Sumba) and we have had a fabulously wonderful day in between a less than fabulously wonderful night of rolling on the waves (I took to my bed, with drugs…)

Tomorrow we are leaving for Rinca., near Flores, maybe 46 nautical miles away, with Ingvar and Seija from Mareike III, our new BFFs.


Maybe there will be internet…maybe not…


This is a beautiful, fascinating place and the people are more than hospitable…


More will follow…in the fullness of time…


And…happy birthday to Marcel Zajusch!  One of my many blessings in life is…my plethora of parents!!








No comments:

Post a Comment