Saturday 10 August 2013

11/8/13

Friday 9th August (apologies from Katy about the delay in posting!)

Computer says no…yet again…

I was so enjoying my nifty little Telkomsel modem, connecting me, niftily, across the Indonesian islands.

Until, suddenly and capriciously…it doesn’t…

So I am back to using Pete’s rickety computer to type an email to Katy, for her to post – THANK YOU KATY!!

We are anchored at Nembrella, down the coast, on Rote Island, not far from Ba’a (where my modem works PERFECTLY.)

The anchorage – now with about 11 rally boat - is in between two very big surf breaks. So every morning at 5.30 we hear WOO HOO as the (mainly Australian) surfers get boated out to the breaks to start riding the waves.

Today we left for a beautiful little  island only a few hours away. (Maybe is it called Do’o...not sure…)  Crystal water, white sand, coral…and a fierce current!  I battled away from the boat and was swept back to it in record time…And then THE WIND came up, with huge waves so we scuttled back to Nembrella…

John is trying to get home from here…

We will see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment