Wednesday 26 February 2014

27th February - Panwa Beach (Ao Chalong) - coral wounds


Thursday 27th February

Slightly enhanced but...stunning!
It is pretty here, in this little bay off Ao Chalong.  Panwa Beach might look nice…at high tide… But at low tide it is lethal.  We formed a plan for me to go in, with Pete driving the dinghy in close, and me wading jauntily in the shallows, so that I could find an ATM and a phone top up place.  Bad plan…what could possibly go wrong?  Well what went wrong was I jammed a foot between some coral outcrops and fell in the water…with BOTH of my phones…

Pete with his delicious carrot juice at Koh Yai Yao
My iPhone – precious and dear to my heart – is fine, but my little blue Nokia is deadibones.  I am in Chalong right now, sipping restorative coffee in a nice little café and trying to find a place to get it fixed.  So far I have been told to go:

up the street 200 meres 
down the street 150 metres
up the same street 100 metres
and so on…

Which is why I am sitting in a nice cool café sipping coffee…

Fishing boat #1
As for my own wounds…well my left knee is a sorry sight, and I have quite a few other scrapes.  Coral wounds are nasty; so far all is well.  I had a shower immediately, with lots of soapy water, and then Pete washed my wounds with diluted Dettol.

Fishing boat #2
More re all of this anon!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! Coral is painful. I walked behind a grumpy lady along a coral beach in Vanuatu who was mumbling "Not MORE of this coral sh**"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have a coral cut - ouch! Take care and I hope it heals quickly. AM xx

    ReplyDelete