Saturday 22 February 2014

22nd February - Yacht Haven to Koh Yao Noi - am I allowed to post photos??


Saturday 22nd February

We are now moored off Koh Yao Noi.

It is VERY hot, around 40, but when we stopped…I leapt into the sea and now I am much improved…



Two high-energy ex-farmers scampering around on 2XS…



Jeremy, from Malachi, big sister to 2XS, came for a late afternoon visit before we left Yacht Haven marina.  He is very exuberant and enthusiast, and lives on his lovely big boat with his wife and three daughters (Phoebe, Harriet, Willow.)  I asked about home schooling and he said it is sometimes really hard, and that at times one or other of the girls would prefer to be at school.  Also, he said, they are loud and very active…ummm, just like their father, I suppose, he added.  They have been sailing for three years; this is the life the girls know.  It isn’t necessarily a great adventure, or something special; it is just life as they know it… They have had some wonderful experiences, and for one of them at least a term at the international school in Phuket was a huge treat.  I think home schooling is very hard on…the parents…



We did finally leave Yacht Haven, in the early afternoon on Friday.* 

And oh…the viewty!**

On the way we had planes overhead

(See above)

Jellyfishers alongside



Tourboats of various shapes and sizes.



And then we came to the islands… We anchored next to Koh Phanak, with its sensational geology



As we approached Pete was very relieved to see me taking a photo with a boat, to give it scale.  Otherwise, he said, people might think it is the size of a football.  Umm…maybe??



*As we were leaving and I was untying the ropes, I overbalanced, somehow and toppled slowly but surely, into the slightly yucky waters of the marina.  My only thought was OH NO MY OAKLEYS!  I love my purple-lensed sunglasses…I could hear Pete exhorting me to grab the ladder and haul myself aboard but…ah yes, there in the water, sinking rapidly, was – my Oakleys!  (I want it on record that this is the very first time I have fallen into the water, by the way…)




** Thank you so much for this useful word, Felix (3½).  Pete says he has never heard me say it or read it before so I will just say…it is a very good combination of view and beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment