Tuesday 24 September 2013

24th September - Lovina - Bali


Tuesday 24th September

A helpful cooking hint…

If you are thinking of making pasta carbonara and you don’t have any cream, and you decide that coconut milk would be just as nice…well don’t do it; it would be A MISTAKE!!

We didn’t quite look like this grass-green headed monster after eating my dinner, cooked with love, last night, but…I felt like it!



This morning we invited Jan and Mrs Jan, aka Marian, for coffee.  They have ben apart for five months.  She was supposed to join him in Darwin for the rally but she got stuck in Malta, where they live, with serious health problems.  She is fine now and VERY happy to be in Beautiful Bali, on Beautiful SV Avanta.



Apart from this our day was filled with chores.  We walked a mile or two with extremely heavy packs, buying veg, eggs the odd necessity at shops spread along the main road of Lovina.  I asked a few people where I might find a kantor pos…post office.  Blink blink blank stares.  “In Singgarajah,” said one helpful girl.  Oh goody.  I really wanted a thirty minute taxi ride along the hot hot highway into hot hot Singgarajah…

And then I espied…



A dear little shy postbox, outside a shop which coyly advertised STAMPS.  WEEHEE!!  Not sure whether any of my Indonesian my ever gets where it is intended to go, but…I do try…

This afternoon we had a briefing meeting, nearly the Lovina Festival stage, which was more or less helpful (ie not really…)

We are now waiting to see if our visas have been extended.  Sam has our passports and we can’t leave without them.  So either we will be having an early start and two overnighters, starting tomorrow.  Or…another Lovina Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment