Monday 23 September 2013

23rd September - Bali diving


Monday 23rd September



Exhausted!

2XS is soon to be a place of slumber…and it is only 7.40…

We got up early and gathered on the Lovina beach at 7.30, to make our way to an 8-seater bus with our rallyfriends Irina, John, Yanina, Lochie, Craig, Denis.  We went for two hours to the north-west tip of Bali.  Then onto a solid blue wooden boat for thirty minutes, heading along a beautiful island - Deer Island, in Balinese. 



We did two dives.  And now we are…exhausted…

It was fabulous and beautiful and everyone was kind, helpful, wonderful.  I freaked a bit, on our first dive, because I had forgotten EVERYTHING except how to breathe (constantly, in-out-in-out,) and how to swim.


There are not many photos because…my camera battery ran out quick smart.

But there is a photo of a local cat/kuching/meow.  And one of Pete, Craig (father) Lochie (son) – new Best Friends for us, from Gemini II, from Australia.

Oh and I suppose I should include a photo of beautiful Irina, with me, both of us looking moderately insane, the other night, pre-dive… She was a joy and a delight on our trip, our eccentric Siberian Girl.




I was not such a joy or delight…I didn’t want to do the second dive but our new BFFs were so kind and ecnouraging, as was our dive master



that I pulled on my wetsuit and went back in…and it was GORGEOUS!!  We went down to 24 metres, along a lovely wall, full of fabulous corals, and delightful fish.

And now it is time for…SLEEP!


No comments:

Post a Comment