Sunday 23 September 2012

Sunday 23rd September

 And at last, after many landlubber months, today we did sail 2XS!  I am very pleased to report that we were both thrilled to bits to be back on board, even though our trip was less than an hour.

 We moved, a bit sadly, from our beautiful marina at Lindisfarne.  We have been very happy there, and it has been a safe and cosy place for 2XS over quite a few years.  But…it is very expensive and there is a new marina in Prince of Wales Bay which offered Pete a deal he just couldn’t refuse.  Less than half price…and this is thousands of dollars I am talking about.  I didn’t try to argue Pete out of his decision…but I was sad to leave the MYCT… I hope we will still be welcome back there to eat in the beautiful restaurant…

 Our trip from here to there was, as I said, very short.  Just past the Zinc Works and around the corner.  You wouldn’t expect many Attenborough Moments, would you?  Aha!  Splishy SPLASH!!  Right up against the Zinc Works walls were not one, no two but THREE large and cheery seals doing slightly energetic leapings and boundings.  (I say SLIGHTLY energetic…seals are very sleepy, not like dolphins.  It is rare to see them leaping and plunging.)  And around the corner, as we were pulling into the very spacious new marina berth, I heard much shrieking and squawking – seagulls massigng an attack against a majestic but weary looking sea eagle right overhead.  I tried to alert Pete to this wonder of nature but he, strangely, was more interested in concentrating on getting into the berth and getting me to stop looking into the sky so I could do my thing with the ropes.

No comments:

Post a Comment