Thursday 20 September 2012

Friday 21st September
 
Today is a Happy Birthday Day.
 
So…happy birthday to:
 
Tim Abey, our illustrious President at the Commission
 
Kevin Rudd, our former PM
 
The Cartela, our beautiful old ferry, a hundred years old
 
Nicole Richie, American socialite (I needed to inject a bit of meaningless glamour into our list)
 
Curtly Ambrose, Antiguan West Indies cricketer (ditto a bit of sport)
 
Bill Murray (ditto a bit of Hollywood)
 
Stephen King (strangely, I love Stephen King. Hate horror, gore, nastiness but…Stephen King is The King and I quite happily read everything he has written – something about his tone, wit and humanity make it possible for me to overlook the horror and the gore.)
 
Leonard Cohen – well how lucky are Tim and I to share our birthday with Our Leonard!
 
Oh yes I almost forgot – happy birthday as well to me…

6 comments:

  1. And Andy Wakefield! Happy birthday to you especially xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday dearest mum and Our Leonard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing people to share a birthday with! I like Stephen King (although I don't read a lot of him because I CAN'T get past the gore) but I really value his support for mainstream authors that are prolific and write about everyday America, that are sometimes rubbished by literary critics. AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was lovely to meet yesterday and I will email you a photo of George in his jumper (yes it fits and is divine, thank you) when my camera stops having 'issues' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really IS an impressive list. I might do a search and see who else shares my birthday...besides the obvious, my twin Charlize Theron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh...and my other twin, Megan Gale. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both almost as gorgeous as you, Claire!

    ReplyDelete