Sunday 11 December 2016

12th December 3016 - podcasts on 2XS - SABLE issues

Monday 12th December 2016


One of the things which kept me sane on long boat passages was – podcasts!  I downloaded lots, and needed them!  Some I listened to over and again.


Yes of course there are things to look at while you are at sea…but the nautical miles take many hours.


 Sometimes there is nothing to see but sea…


Thank you podcasts for distracting my brain…

Hobart from Knocklofty
I am still listening to podcasts back in Hobart.  Great company on long Knocklofty and Myrtle Gully walks.

I learn a lot of miscellaneous stuff.  For example – a useful acronym from the World Of Knitting:

SABLE – Stash Amassed Beyond Life Expectancy


Any variation of the theme of SABLE makes me very nervous; I try very VERY hard not to accumulate too much STUFF around me.  Last week I sent a general query around the Knatters group I belong to…every single one of my friends owns a considerable SABLE.  So…I am (rather frantically) taking balls of yarn from their stashes to knit into 10 cm squares.  Elsa is collecting said squares, from many knitters all over the state.  They get collated into rug-sized bundles.  So far I have knitted more squares than I like to count, and I have also sewn together two large blankies to be donated to The Needy.  Apparently Tasmania is expecting 500 Syrian refugees, arriving any day soon.  The number keeps diminishing…last I heard there were 50.  Or maybe 15…In that case there will be a large colourful warm blankie waiting for each and every one of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment