Sunday 4 January 2015

5th January - budgie love - Tasmanian family time


Monday 5th January 2015

I spent the morning in Launceston with a most delightful young bird called Violet.


She sat obligingly on my finger, and then settled under my hair, on my shoulder.  Occasionally she peeped out and allowed herself to be examined for a most splendid crayon portrait by Olivia Darcey.


On the way home we stopped for a speedy lunch with Ru and Bridget, last seen on Sentosa Island, Singapore.  Tasmanians are such great travellers!

Ru, Bridget, Marguerite, Pete
I was very charmed by their small dog, Fox, who leapt and bounded with astonishing amounts of energy.  This was mightily impressive to me – I have no energy left inside me at all!  I tried very hard to capture the moment when she levitated speedily and took a quick nip at Pete’s bum, but it was all too fast for me and for my camera.

Nip and run!
I am still reliving our happy family gathering yesterday at Jacqui and Williams.


For example, it was so nice to meet Elektra


and Blake


both newly arrived in Tasmania from Vanuatu for a lengthy holiday with the family. 

Mark and Leah - now
 And to see Leah and Mark as parents!!

Mark and Leah - then
Life is good…

No comments:

Post a Comment