Sunday 8 December 2013

8th December - E & O - Penang to Langkawi


Sunday 8th December



Saturday night was our Penang Swansong.  We celebrated in great style – dinner at the E & O!  (Thank you Pete!)  It was a sensational buffet – vast quantities of beautiful food, plus all the beer and all the wine you could drink.  The funny thing is…when put to the test it isn’t really possible to eat all that much food or drink more than two glasses of wine…




I concentrated on trying different bits of seafood, plus some Tasmanian salmon to make me feel at home, and some interesting green veggies prepared in startling and delicious ways.  Pete had fish, then stirfry, then…CHOPS.  He was very happy.



This morning we left Straits Quay Marina very early, in the dark.  It took us less time than we had anticipated to get to Langkawi and we are very happy to be safely anchored, amongst a large number of other yachts, just near the main town.  (No room at any of the marinas…So no free WiFi.  I will have to hope my Malaysian Modem has enough strength to do what I require.  It hasn’t really been put to the test yet…)




On the way Pete had a rest.  He looked very peaceful and happy, in his little nest on the couch.  Until a large wave broke right over the boat and through the open hatch just above his head.  He leapt to his feet with a startled cry and I don’t think he really appreciated the fact that I thought it was really very funny.


There are many islands around Langkawi.  All so pretty

He dried off and went back to Sleepyboboland, and therefore missed all of the fish attractors which I VERY SKILFULLY avoided.  (There are no witnesses; take my word for it.)



No comments:

Post a Comment