Saturday 28 December 2013

29th December - Wild Oats WINS again


Sunday 29th December

The only suggestion I have, thus far, for fixing the trampoline nets is from our dear Elsa in Hobart.  She thinks I could knit one, with very long thick needles…



Not so sure about that but yes I have been knitting!  It is only just possible, if I position myself properly with respect to the BigFan.  And I suspect I am the only person in the environs of Langkawi who is doing anything so very incongruous.



While I was domestically employed, Pete was improving our big gas tank.  He carefully removed all of the rust and then painted it a lovely camouflage silver green.  All is GO on 2XS!

This photo was from the 26th - I hope there will be a more current one coming up
All is even more GO in Hobart!  Wild Oats stormed in to win the Sydney-Hobart Yacht Race, yet again. All Harmsens and Harmsen offshoots bursting with pride – my brother Chris on board for what I think is his fifth win on this formidable boat, which has SEVEN line honours wins to its credit - and his umpteenth win over all.   I am going to try to get a bit of  info to copy from The Mercury – here’s hoping! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice words Bardies
    Hope you're enjoying your fabulous adventure and are looking forward to a few days at Bicheno. Love Chrish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marguerite is knitting, the gods are in their heavens and all's right with the world.
    Suggestion 2
    You could try crocheting a net!

    ReplyDelete