Sunday 27 October 2013

28th October - busy Hobart days - Settlement in Danga Bay - Adam Cousens


Monday 28th October



We just got an email from our friends on SV Settlement, Sue and Andrew.  They are tied up right behind 2XS in Danga Bay marina, and they say it is very strange seeing the boat but no people…  It is apparently raining very heavily every afternoon… We very much hope all is well and that Our Man Sharon is doing his bit airing, de-moulding, and generally fussing around the boat for his allotted hour every day.  Pete and I have every faith in Sharon, and in the very efficient supervision of Terrence the marina manager but…who knows??  We might come back to find mouldmushrooms growing everywhere…oh the horror!!

As for Life In Tasmania…we are still very VERY busy.  All good things but…I am staring at the computer screen feeling very much that I will never catch up…

Several birthdays have passed me by.

Not a recent photo of Karen or me...but a nice cheery wintry one!
Yesterday was Karen Harmsen’s birthday…my lovely Sydney sister-in-law, always so bright, cheerful, welcoming.  I don’t really have time to do her justice!

William with Monique
And as for my brother-in-law of many MANY years, William Briginshaw (Launceston) – well I am at least a month out of date for him…So I will just say that William is very clever and very VERY funny, in his very own quiet, dry manner.

Both William and Karen deserve a better eulogy but…COMPUTER SAYS NO, I have to rush about…



I do need to put in a bit of a word for Adam Cousens.  He is a local musician/songwriter, who tours all over the world.  He is doing house concerts as well as major gigs – what a great idea!  Kate and Martin Headlam had about 15 people at their house.  We all sat around very comfortably with a drink in hand, having paid the huge sum of $10 each.  And then Adam entertained us for … I am not sure for how long, but it was just a perfect time.  That is - NOT TOO LONG.  He also told stories, in between the songs, which I enjoyed almost more than the music.   Meeting his road manager, Sarah, was also a treat.  If you would like a concert in your very own house – contact Adam/Sarah!  A bit embarrassed to say I didn’t actually get his contact details but…he pops up easily on Google… I will try to find the link and will add it asap... 

No comments:

Post a Comment