Tuesday 22 October 2013

23rd October - Pete's progress - Jacqui's birthday


Wednesday 23rd October

First things first – how is Pete?  Well he is being VERY compliant and is not making me feel not much like a MonsterNazi with a stopwatch… So we are living 15/45 minute stints, and he manages to stay obediently on his left side all night long.  As well as this he lies back and LETS me put eye drops in his eyes without complaining bitterly – usually eyedrops are the cause of bitter complaints and even, oh no, Rude Words!

He is in fact, the very model of a model patient!

And here is a lovely photo of Pete at the fish market in Labuan Bajo.



One of the nice things, for me, about doing a daily blog is that it gives me the opportunity to write eulogies about people I love.  I try not to gush but…I do have such wonderful friends & family to gush about…

I filched this photo from Jacqui's facebook page and it is a bit blurry...
Today is my sister Jacqui’s birthday.  Yes I know it is only about three weeks since her last birthday, and her lovely party celebrating her 56th – she was born in 56, so it was all very apt.  But somehow another year has gone by…

Jacqui is still a most admirable person.  She is clever, funny, charming, and beautiful.  And brave!  When she was a very young student she found her teaching prac session almost impossible to endure.  Too hard!  Too scary!  But as son as she started teaching she hit her straps and overcame all of that fear.  She is now, I gather, quite an expert on dealing with children with challenging behavior – what I call, generally, BadBoys.  This is not one of the world’s easiest jobs but Jacqui keeps on going, enjoying the company of her colleagues, and also, I think, that of the BadBoys…

She is much loved and admired by her husband, three offspring, sisters…all of Rabbit’s Relations in fact…

And here she is with her eldest niece Nicky…


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Marguerite - and yes it does indeed seem a very short while ago that I had that party!! Apart from the bad weather and being at work, I'm having a good day haha! A lot of students here have the day off on their birthday and go to the KMart - one teacher was sick on her birthday last year and her Tutor Group, whio knew it was her birthday, immediately understood that of course she'd stayed home...it was her birthday, and no doubt imagined her buying a thick shake at Wendy's and having a shop at the KMart!!! Also I can happily report that the big bad boy days are over; mainly working with lovely students these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I say a lot of students, I probably should say "some students" have the day off!

    ReplyDelete