Thursday 1 March 2012


Thursday 1st March
2Xs is still in Bermagui, in pouring, flooding rain.  Poor Pete and Steve are very much stuck inside the cabin, reading books and chatting and waiting for an opportunity to leave.  I suggested a backgammon tournament and I should think they are, as we speak, engaged in mortal combat over the backgammon board.
All is well in Hobart.  Rose and her mother come home tomorrow; the older children will be overjoyed, I know, although they have been so very good, patient, cheerful and tolerant of my many lapses – how long did it get me, for instance, to get ABC Kids to work on the TV this morning??  Far too long I can assure you…and not a cross word from the 2, 4 or 6 year olds, waiting stoically on their beanbags.
PS – about to sign off when I got a call from Steve, in fairly desperate tones – where is the backgammon set???   Ummmm…I don’t know….

No comments:

Post a Comment