Thursday 1 October 2015

1st October - Ocean View marina, Samal Island

Thursday 1st October

No new news in the media...lots of stories and theories along the marina pontoons.  We have heard some heartbreaking first-hand witness stories but none if us wants to put anything out there in cyberspace.

The bad boys have access to cyberspace...

Everything was grinding to a halt here, without Kjartan, the manager.  Awful for the workers, who still have a living to earn.  Pete has managed to organise a team of carpenters, welders, painters to start on the long list of jobs he has in mind for the improvement and beautification of 2XS.

I am not much help in all if this organisation and negotiation.  I have done two loads of washing and have cooked thriftily, hoping to use up ingredients in a timely manner.

And I have been swimming.  Today there were choppy little waves which smacked me, a bit annoyingly, in the face on the way out to my halfway point.  But then on the way back the current and the waves were with me and I powered home like  Dawn Fraser in her heyday!

At the corner point of the seawall, where they are building a tall gun turret, the workmen were on their lunch break.   There were at least a dozen of them, all with fishing lines out.  I popped up to apologise for the disruption and they all very kindly pulled their lines back in so I could go round the corner and under the baffles and through the tiny gap between the wall and the gate.

Tomorrow we are having a day in town - lunch at the Swiss Deli!!

No comments:

Post a Comment