Tuesday 3 March 2015

3rd March - Business Class Manila to Dar es Salaam (Brunei)

Tuesday 3rd March 2015

I wrote a few breathless notes, in the luxury AirBrunei lounge in Dar es Salaam, Brunei, on our way home.  So very accustomed to being herded along in cattleclass…

I had never flown business class before; Pete had, once, in the heyday of the wool business.  It is SO wonderful!  Delicious meals and fresh fruit juice keep appearing, all served on real crockery, with real knives and forks, adorable little salt & pepper shakers.  Hot hand towels also drop into our laps every few hours, and I am now spoiled forever for cattle class… I will be very glum next time I have to squeezey squeezey into my seat, with no leg room, no adoring cabin staff at my elbow asking if there is anything at all they could do to make me even happier with my flight…

Evening in Hobart
It actually got even better, after this leg of the journey, but that is a story for…tomorrow!!


Meanwhile in Hobart…I am finding it hard not to fall asleep all the time… This morning I had to force myself out of bed at 8am – usually I am hanging out for a cup of tea at 6.30.  My brothers and I are variously engaged in getting things organized for the memorial service on Thursday.  No onerous tasks but…emotionally draining…

No comments:

Post a Comment