Thursday 26 March 2015

26th March - no more gastro - jellyfish - whale shark

Thursday 26th March 2015



We are still moving around a bit gingerly but…so far so good, the gastro has gone!

Pete has spent the day struggling with the wind instrument indicator, which arrived in the mail in Hobart, brand new in a box.  Brand new until he opened it on 2XS and found it didn’t have several vital components… So he is trying to mate it with the old broken one and a sad and sorry task it is.


No cover plate...
I haven’t done anything anywhere near as creative.  A small bucket of washing, a tiny bit of dusting, the odd cp of tea/coffee.  And I am stonkered!  I did go in for a very brief did but there were so very many big pink jellyfish wobbling towards me that I didn’t stay in.


David and Jacqui have had a lot of trouble with these jellyfish clogging up their watermaker.  Not so funny!  But they are very pleased with their time here because when they were diving on the wreck Olympia they saw a big whaleshark, which circled them five times before gracefully making its way through the maze of pearl farms.  There was a dive boat nearby, with a load of paying customers who, alas, did NOT see the whaleshark, and who smiled grimly through their envy when they heard that both Dave and Jacqui had held the tip of its left fin.






1 comment:

  1. Wow a whale shark, how fabulous. I'm not sure how brave I'd be though given my history with sharks so far. I have excited the water at full speed each and every time I've seen a shark so far. All tiny reef sharks!

    ReplyDelete