Saturday 27 September 2014

28th September - Coron (Busuanga)


Sunday 28th September



So far we are all set for our air tickets.  Partly… We can get from Manila to Kl; from KL to Melbourne.  How quite we are going to get from Busuanga to Manila…and from Melbourne to Hobart…well this is shrouded in cyberspace mystery.  I bought our KL-Melb tickets many months ago, secure in the knowledge that we could easily get tickets for the short jumps closer to the day.  But…the internet is on the Go/Slow…It took Pete about five hours (with many an anguished cry of despair, crouched over his little phone screen,) to get the Manila to KL tickets; I am now trying to get Melb to Hobart.  With the internet being very s-l-o-w things are more complicated than one might think because just as I am poised ready to say YES…it all shuts down because I have been too slow. 

More anguish, with Pete struggling to book tickets on his computer

S-L-O-W…

AHA!  I now have Melbourne-Hobart tickets.  Busuanga to Manila is proving more difficult… Maybe we can swim??

In case I am giving the impression that life on 2XS is all coral reefs and extra margaritas… We perform complex tasks as well!  These big fat ropes, nicely laced with small scratchy barnacles, attach 2XS to the large solidly anchored mooring buoy, which gives us much peace of mind.  Until recently we were only attached by one rope; the other big fat thing was completely tangled around and about and over and under the buoy and its attendant small round black float (encrusted with barnacles and inhabited by many small crabby crabs.)


Well Captain Pete likes a challenge…two ropes are better than one!  He got into the dinghy in the late afternoon and began a long struggle with the ropes.  (Many anguished cries of despair…)  I was peeling and chopping onions but eventually I had finished so I could leap into the water to help… Leaping into the water was extra nice – I was extra hot after peeling & chopping.  I swam confidently up to the dinghy and offered to help… So for the next hour or so I clung to the big white buoy, hooking my fingers into the ropes and putting all of my weight on it so it would roll over enough for Pete to try to untangle the mess from the dinghy.  It was very hard work… Our neighbours chugged on by, in their outriggers, and I could see them wondering what on EARTH the mad inhabitants of 2XS were up to now.



But eventually we achieved our aim and now 2XS is held very tidily by two big fat ropes.  We REALLY earned our G & Ts that night…

No comments:

Post a Comment