Friday 26 July 2013

27th July - departing for Indonesia


Saturday 27th July

Time to disband the little city-in-the-bay…



I think this small fleet has been very good for the economy of Darwin.  We will be missed!

Yesterday we rushed about doing last minute things, ably abetted by Ann-Marie’s daughter, darling Miriam, in her nifty little red Yaris.



I spent more hours than you can possibly imagine trapped at my computer screen trying to get the Ethernet cable to work on my poor little MacBook Air.  I had a whole team of techsupport people in India running around in ever-decreasing circles.  Every now and then the internet connection would cut out and I would have to start all over again.  I became just a little high-pitched during some of these conversations, but fortunately most of our chat was via the internet (when it wasn’t cutting out…oh dear, oh no…)

Last night we had our last supper…at the sailing club.  With our wonderful Tasmanian friends Rosanne and Jason, plus – BONUS! – Pete’s cousin Julie Cameron (Green),



with her son Lachie, his wife Holly, and lovely small child Arlo.

I was just a teensy bit emotional…leaving the country, leaving the family…but Roseanne and Julie were very kind.

I might have a bit of time to send one last feeble blogpost as we leave...


No comments:

Post a Comment