Tuesday 3 July 2012

Wednesday 4th July
When I was a schoolgirl I boarded, freezing like Jane Eyre, at Newnham Hall.  One of the sub-matrons (there was a very stern and imposing UberMatron) used to say, every week, “When Wednesday’s done the week’s done.”  This concept seemed to make her very satisfied.  And I suppose living and working with a whole pack of ungrateful shivering schoolgirls can’t have been all that much fun… So today is Wednesday and indeed the week is almost done…and the year is rushing past!
On Sunday Pete and I talked a bit about plans for the next 2XS Adventure.  We hope to go back to the Louisiades, hopping from island to island from the far north of Australia.  Next year, maybe in April.  Ages away… But the way the weeks are speeding past – is my life on Fast Forward mode?? – it isn’t all that far away at all.  As I tried to go to sleep last night, I made many lists in my head. 
  • Food for us!  Lots of it – maybe dried food this time instead of trying to freeze things and have the poor freezer unable to cope in the tropics. 
  • Gin for our very welcome daily G & Ts (I think Pete’s supremacy as a G & T maker is still unchallenged among the Pacific Island yachties)
  • Food to give our islander guests – los of popcorn, always a crowd pleaser.  Dried fruit?  And wouldn’t the kiddiewinks just love aeroplane jelly…
  • Books!  Audiobooks, podcasts, ebooks….
  • Things to trade for fresh fruit and veg, for painted crayfish, for coconuts
  • Balls, toys, books to give to the children
  • Sewing materials and a hand-cranked sewing machine for Lyla on Bagaman Island
I can just see poor 2XS about to sink into the sea under the weight of all of this STUFF.  Let alone my poor brain…

2 comments:

  1. Fruity pom-poms. Far superior to dried fruit for Island kiddies and a few will go a long way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are painted crayfish? Are they yummy or pretty. Katy, I think the fruit is for them though I'm sure Pete and bardy would enjoy a treat of just one fruity Pom Pom each from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete