Thursday 26 July 2012

Friday 27th July
This has been a very busy few days at work.  Lots of coming and going, sitting in hearing rooms, sending emails hither and yon, changing and rearranging this and that.
One of the things I am always sure of doing is to alert everyone in the hearing rooms that they need to turn off their mobile phones.  (Yes especially me!  I never again want to hear the Rolling Stones booming out This Could Be the Last Time in the middle of solemn proceedings.  Well certainly not when it is MY phone and MY fault.  I am sure I would find it all very amusing if it were somebody else’s phone and somebody else’s fault…)
Yesterday I was going through my usual spiel and one of the lawyers told us that they are very stern indeed about mobile phones in the other courts and tribunals he attends.  In the High Court, any phone which rings out of turn is immediately confiscated.  Permanently!  And apparently there is a gallery where the hundreds of phones are on display…pour encourager les autres!  Oh the horror!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! No horror. I love that idea ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I wonder if that's true? Perhaps I'll ask when we go there in September. "can we please see the confiscated mobile phone display?"

    ReplyDelete