Thursday 5 July 2012

Friday 6th July
Happy birthday to Hamish, 12 years old today and well on his way to saving up for a road bike.  Tour de France - here he comes!
I have been nominated for a blogging award – many thanks to Enid – read her blog, it’s great!  (http://enidbite-em.blogspot.com.au/).  I love her blogspot; she writes about books, roller-blading, children, life, fun.  And – Enid Blyton.  I haven’t done anything about the award yet – it involves quite a few multiples of eleven.  For example, I have to find eleven things to reveal about myself.
Umm…
Not so easy!  So I will reveal just ONE thing.  I am a knitter.  In fact, I reckon I was the only person knitting in the Whitsundays, the first time I went there with Pete on Eroica about four years ago.  (Eroica deserves a whole blogpost; will do this next week when my brain is not full of cottonwool.)  I love knitting; it is very good for me because I am a bit speedy and prone to rush about.  Knitting is such a pleasant, contemplative activity.  The past two years I haven’t done much at all.  I started getting RSI and thought it was time to give it all a big break. 
I belong to a knitting circle, a group of old friends who are all very fabulous and adventurous knitters.  They meet every Thursday morning, and once a month or so on a Sunday.  While I am a member, I never actually go…my life is too full of work, family, other things.  But…I am there in spirit!  And recently Elsa suggested that we could have a Knitting 2XS Day.  I think this is a great idea.  Pete was all in favour and said that I could take the boat out.  By myself!!!  With my trusting friends on board!  Well I don’t think that is going to be a happening thing…I think my knitting friends will be much happier and calmer if Captain Pete is at the helm!
(So..watch this space re knitting2XS as the days grow longer...)

2 comments:

  1. Jeepers! I think you should do it, Mum! You'll have plenty of yarn for any woman-overboard scenarios...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should also do the award thing. It would be fun to think of ten things about you (other than your children and grandchildren, which totals 12 anyway so we'd have to leave one out heaven forbid). Also, maybe you could knit Enid's baby one of your gorgeous jumpers to thank her for nominating you.

    ReplyDelete