Sunday 15 July 2012

Monday 16th July
Not sure why I am so drawn to the theme of…spiders…but I read this on twitter at the weekend and it amused me no end:
I just encountered a spider bigger than my desire to be man of the house
In the past, whenever discussion has come up about overseas travel, and which countries people are particularly drawn to, I have always said, “I am happy to go anywhere EXCEPT Papua New Guinea.  Because…they have the biggest spiders in the world – bird-eating spiders, in fact…”  So when I was in the Louisiades I very happily closed my mind to the fact that…I was actually…in PNG!!!

3 comments:

  1. What I don't understand is why do they need EIGHT eyes? EIGHT?! Really? Six or seven wouldn't do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leo's latest reader is called 'Spiders are Amazing'. After finishing it he said, 'this book should be called "Spiders are Amazing and also A Bit Freaky".' xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Well done Leo. We actually developed quite a friendly relationship with the enormous spiders at largo rapel. They were so big that they were more like marsupials. I guess the 8 body part concept doesn't do their cause much good for those of fragile disposition when it comes to the creepy crawlies

    ReplyDelete