Saturday 11 June 2011

Wet Wet Wet Sydney


Not much to report today…

Pouring with rain!

We have done a few odd jobs and I am sure you will be thrilled and fascinated to know that, not only did I scrub (most of) the marks off the hull yesterday, today I scrubbed the bathroom area and it is all sparkly.

I spent a few very productive hours in a laundromat in Manly and discovered, when I walked down to the Corso to buy an umbrella, newspaper and postcards, that my lovely best black boots leak most copiously. So does my shopping bag, which I thought was waterproof… When I got back to the laundromat, I had to throw away the postcards and the Weekend Australian because they were saturated… I did meet a very nice girl, drying her washing. I told her that Pete was in Brookvale when I rang to tell him that the washing and I were nearly ready to be picked up, and she looked at me with deep sympathy, and said, “I know those boating shops well…I don’t think he will be here for quite a while…”

1 comment:

  1. The boys love the postcards so thanks for persevering

    ReplyDelete