Monday 20 June 2011

Sydney to Lord Howe - feeding the fish - sailchute
Not suer how much I can get done; I am at a computer in the Lord Howe Island museum and it is after closing time...(2pm!)
No internet connection here for our computers - we are all bereft. No mobile phone connection either.
But...it is so stunninglybeautiful, all is forgiven!
The trip here was...ummm..l.ong. Very beatiful, with the moon shining silver on the rolling ocean.
We had the sailchute up on the first sday and it was wonderful, and looked spectcular. We attracted the Westpac rescue helicopter, which did a couple of circles around us to make sure we weren't a lost windsurfer...A pod of dolphins leapt enthusiastically around; they seemed to be fascinated by our bright kite!
I wish I could say I enjoyed every minute but...unfortunately no... I spent a lot of time feeding the fish over the back of the boat, and then clutching a bucket miserably between my knees. Nick was sick too; we shared the bucket...He recovered more quickly and was wreathed in smiles. Both Nick and John have been fantastic on the boat; I have been only marginally useful...
We have met up with Steve, and John will leave us in the next day or so.
My time is about to run out...

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bardy...I feel really sad having read that. I hate thinking of you being sick. I am sure you are MUCH more than marginaly useful! By the way the Felix books are perfect x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor, poor you. How hideous it is being seasick. Thinking of you.xoxo

    ReplyDelete