Thursday 9 October 2014

10th October - Busuanga Airport on the way to Manila


Friday 10th October

Busuanga airport

We got here…and we got through several baggage searches (no x-ray machines, just a team of enthusiastic people, some of whom had guns.)  Pete has the faulty depth sounder from 2XS in his suitcase; this caused just a bit of consternation, and no doubt will continue to do so on our next three flights.

Friday 10th October

Busuanga Airport

Moment of truth…we had to climb onto the Scale of Justice, after our cases had been weighed.  Mine was 14 kilos, Pete’s 26, so we just made the limit.  I shuddered when it was my turn to step up.  I have a real problem with my weight/body image.  I see myself as quite enormously … well maybe not fat, but  certainly…plump.  I expected the scales to go…off the scale.  But no.  I have put on weight since January but…only one kilo. 

The Crew on 2XS has grown.  We now have living on board:

Dodong aka Bernard
His wife Renalyn
Their glorious baby, Johanna, 8 months old.



And next week Toby and Rosie will climb aboard.  2XS will be very safe and very clean…

Last night I me Jim’s very newest granddaughter, three weeks old, and nobly named Princess Natalia.  Jim has offspring in their late fifties, but he also has a new batch of fertile boys… Princess Natalia’s father will be 18 next month, and her mother, Alisa, is…maybe 16.  And she looks very calm and very competent.



Today is Angela’s birthday.  Angela Wood nee Headlam, Pete’s youngest sister.  I have just lokoed through my photos of Angela, niftily filed away in my magical Faces program on my Macbook Air.  It is hard to choose a photo; she looks so lovely, so cheery, so delightful in each and every one of them.  So I am choosing this one of her looking VERY cold, in Alaska, earlier this year.  (Nicked from her Facebook page…)  We are so looking forward to seeing her – very soon!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Marguerite!

    We were together in the van going to Busuanga airport. Eric was our driver. I was with the girl with glasses. And you gave me a calling card. I hope you remember! :)

    I'm currently at the airport waiting for our flight to Manila (actually with you guys on the other side of seats [we're kinda shy to come over hehe]). Anyways, I was reading through your blog and I really admire the both of you. We love to travel - my girlfriend and I - and I think what you're doing is really cool. And I see that you guys help a lot of people. I think that's a noble thing to do. I hope that you guys continue what you're doing.

    Cheers and I hope we would meet again somewhere.

    -Aia

    P.S. if you need anything like you have questions about the Philippines or what-not or even anything, really, just let me know. Btw, our blog is linked to this post (http://weekendchronicles.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a nice comment from Aia

    ReplyDelete