Friday 29 June 2012

Saturday 30th June

I have been following a blog discussion about…Facebook.  This is funny because I don’t actually do Facebook.  Not really.  I have a FB account and I get the odd message from long-lost Dutch cousins, which I like very much.  But basically I confine my internet communication to Email & BlogWorld.
Not really much difference between blogs and Facebook.  I just seem to have ended up, very happily, with my own little corner of BlogWorld, and here I sit.

I am nevertheless fascinated by the occasionally strident nature of the Facebook Debate.  Some people get SO ANGRY about what people put on their very own Facebook pages.  “I don’t want to see ANY MORE BABY PHOTOS!” they shout.  Others decry foody photography, or holiday snaps.  I just blink and think, if you don’t like it, don’t look…don’t read it!  (I must say I find it a tad alarming when people put up photos of me, just amongst their casual family/friends photos.  Oh no…do I REALLY look like that?  I must start colouring my hair again ASAP!)

Some of the debate was astonishing:

A friend of a friend posted photos she took of her son in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

Other people were very amusing:

I forgot to post on Facebook I was going to the gym.  Now this whole workout was a waste of time.

And still others were so very angry about this, that and the other…I had to cover my eyes!

1 comment:

  1. I dont' do facebook either but I think it is different from a blog in that you don't choose to look or not look, your page is flooded with what others think you need to see. xoxo

    ReplyDelete