Sunday 9 March 2014

8th March - Rebak marina (yes I know I am a day behind...bear with me...)


Saturday 8th March


 Back at home…in Rebak marina.



It is extremely hot here, no wind at all in the little marina basin.  But we have electricity and therefore fans, and an endless supply of cold(ish) water.



I have dug out my Malaysian modem, and need to get it topped up tomorrow in Kuah.  I have lined up my modem collection…from left to right: Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.



In the meantime I am sitting in a cool(ish) breeze in the Hard Dock café…strugglign with cyberspace...


 Sad news…Rudi Thomas died this morning.  He will be very much missed, as a father to Robyn, Mike, Jeff, grandfather to Leo, Eva, Zoe, Rose, Tom and Bill, partner of Diane and as a friend.  There should be a word for there relationship between in-laws…Rudi was my son-in-law’s father, and a man I very much admired and appreciated – I should have a better word for him than friend

1 comment:

  1. Yes, equally a word for my sister's father-in-law that reflects his true significance. He was a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete