Thursday 27 March 2014

28th March - Tanglin Club exiles - Little India (Singapore)


Friday 28th March

HBO last night didn’t offer much in the way of sustaining or entertaining viewing… Poor Pete nursed his sore eye, coughed, sneezed and occasionally uttered a dismal word of disapproval for Ghost Riders… Maybe we need a MONTH at the Tanglin Club… But maybe after even a few days we will have become all soft and floppy and unable to cope with the Real World of travelling…

We were very sad, leaving our beautiful room…



Check-out was at 12.00 and we dragged ourselves out the door for the last time at 11.59.  Then we trudged away from the Orchard Road area, onto the MRT train system, off to Little India.  The Grand Chancellor is very different to the Tanglin Club.  But…


 It is not too bad!  Our little room is bright and clean, with a fridge in which there are already nice chilly iceblocks.  No free WiFi which is a bit of a downer for me but…there is always a solution.  We will surely find a restaurant nearby, with WiFi, so all will be well!  (I did enjoy having speedy, immediate, 24 hour WiFi at the Tanglin Club…)

There are lots of high-rise apartment blocks around this part of Singapore.  Pete and I love the clothes line systems:



In the afternoon I left Pete having a much-needed nap and went off to explore our new environment.



Very nice it is, very interesting.  Full of shops selling hankies, phones, gold gold GOLD!!



I was successful in my quest – I found a most enormous crowded pharmacy in an immense maze-like shopping centre called Mustafa.  A very snappy, efficient pharmacist sold me some cold & flu tablets for Pete and sent me on my way into the maze.

I found my way out and strolled back along the streets, occasionally stopping to talk to a restaurant hustler – they were very pleased; people usually try to avoid them.  The life of a hustler is one of constant rejection…Not a job for the timid!  I was on a mission - wanted to know what time they open so we can have roti canai for breakfast, and I also want to know whether or not they have WiFi.


And yes they do...we ate food from Kerala and...the Wifi worked a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment