Wednesday 7 November 2012

Thursday 8th November
We have PLANS to sail2XS this weekend.  Nothing confirmed yet but hopes are high.  Two of our friends are coming, I think.  I have been SO busy at work my brain is not the finely-tuned instrument it otherwise might be but I have sent them the following instructions, which should make everything very clear and easy…
Re the weekend.  Have not yet discussed details with Pete (O Captain My Captain) but I assume we will leave from Prince of Wales Bay marina about 6pm tomorrow.   
Dress:
Two choices:
(1)     Daytime – smart casual
Evening – black tie, ballgown, tiara
(2)     Daytime – warm trousers, socks, underwear, overwear, polar fleece or down jacket
Evening - warm trousers, socks, underwear, overwear, polar fleece or down jacket plus, possibly, uggboots
Food & drink
Maybe you could bring one meal, or ingredients for same.  Cooking facilities on boat quite good but oven very s-l-o-w and with a tendency to turn itself off at crucial moments.  Also maybe a bottle of wine and the odd lunch-ish item.
I will let you know more details when I have conferred with O Captain My Captain.
Love, M
I have already had a reply – they are, of course, going for Option #1…

I will have to polish my tiara and find some stiletto heels of the very highest height possible…

India #13

Our train left for Goa at midnight.  The Apollo Hotel didn’t have any facility for storing our luggage, so we took it to Victoria Terminus – the huge grandiose Mumbai railway station – to leave it in the storage facility.  This involved quite a lot of paperwork – everything does in India – but it was a big relief to be able to leave everything behind and go off for a few hours to have a meal.  We were all travelling light ie one big pack and one small daypack each but it is not fun lugging everything around in crowds and in the heat.  There was a big graphic sign on the wall at the luggage depot, saying, basically, BEWARE OF RATS, and do not leave food in your luggage to attract rats, and don’t be too surprised if you find a rat or two in your luggage when you pick it up….

No comments:

Post a Comment