Saturday 3 November 2012


Sunday 4th November

 
Yesterday we spent a very happy half hour on 2XS.  We didn’t do anything special, just went to check on the general health and temperament of Pete’s boat.  

 
And...all was well.  After a cursory check, we looked in the fridge and found that it was acting a bit like a time-warp – a half-eaten packet of baby spinach leaves, for example, was in pristine condition after quite a few weeks of abandonment.  My experience of baby spinach leaves is that they very swiftly turn into a hideous sort of slime mould – how could this be??  Also cold and inviting in the little fridge was – a can of beer, just the thing for late afternoon entertainment.  We retired to the couches and shared the beer; how very pleasant it was, to be back in these very familiar surroundings.


I often meet people who ask me where I live.  They must think I am very strange, because I say, Ummm…well…here and there…I am in fact very fortunate to have so many places to call home at the time:  Katy and Jeff’s house, Pete’s house, Pete’s No #1 Unit, and…2XS!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment