Thursday 23 February 2012

Thursday 23rd February
Ok…so I am in Hobart.  The weather is beautiful, sunny and warm, with the odd sharp gust of wind and the odd splatter off rain.  I spent a lot of time today with Eva (4) and Zoe (2) talking about: when we put a marble in our mouth/nose ear – NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!  Much merriment but…here’s hoping this was a Positive Learning Moment! 
(This has just reminded me, most horribly and with some force, of the day when I did some relief teaching at Blackmans Bay Primary School.  I was very pregnant with Michael at the time so it must have been 1980.  When I arrived, to find a keen and intelligent Grade 6 waiting for me, the teacher from the next room drifted in and said, “I think your Positive Learning Moment today could be centred upon long division using the decimal point.”  Blink…blink… I was gobsmacked and turned to the class.  “Now which of you could demonstrate for us… ummm… long division using the decimal point.”  Fortunately for me they were a clever lot and a few bright sparks leapt to the front of the room to cover the board with what looked to me a most mystifying set of calculations.  I found my Positive Learning Moment today MUCH more within my scope of capability…)
And where is 2XS?  In Kiama, on the same mooring we used last year on our way up the coast in June.  I spoke to Pete an hour ago.  He sounded very happy and relaxed – it was G & T time, and Steve, in the background, also sounded... happy and relaxed.  On their first leg, only 15 nautical miles, yesterday, to Port Hacking, poor Steve spent most of the time – oh no – feeding the fish off the back of the boat… Oh dear… I hope he finds his sea legs very soon or the next few weeks will be miserable!

No comments:

Post a Comment