Sunday 26 February 2012

Sunday 26th February
So where is 2XS??
Still in Ulladulla – not too much rushing about for Pete and Steve.
I gather that Pete and Steve they spent the day in part retrieving their steps to the Bowls Club in search of their hats – the loss of a Tilley hat is not to be taken lightly.  They went for a gentle walk, watched Yellowbeard (much merriment onboard), cooked Spaghetti Bolognese (Pete) and washed tea towels (Steve.)  And tomorrow they will go back out onto the big wild sea.  It was about 24 degrees in Ulladulla.
In Hobart it was at least 36 with a fierce bushfire sun.
I went to lunch at wonderful Prossers with my darling Dad and Fleur, where we counted our blessings (literally) and debated the horrors of our political situation right this moment – Labor Party imploding…
I spent the afternoon having my legs washed with a wet (clean!) nappy dipped in the paddling pool – Zoe (2) enjoyed this very much and there was much extraneous splashing and shrieking from both of us.
I was also present when poor Eva (4) was given two Ken dolls (one disguised as Aladdin.)  They had come from the local op shop and Katy had hoped they would fill Eva’s heart with joy.  Not so…she hated them!  She is a polite and loving child so she tried to grin and bear it.  But they were not really welcome in her happy cosy family of princesses, mermaids and Barbies… Tonight Katy and Jeff went for a walk after the children had all gone to bed.  The girls got up as soon as their parents had disappeared over the horizon and we had a lovely time sitting on the couch watching Grand Design with a menagerie of dolls, ballerina rabbits, teddies.  But…no Ken, no Aladdin.  I asked Eva were they were.  “I do not know.”  Oh.  “So Eva, are they by any chance in MY bed?”  “I have forgotten.”  (All of her responses were in stern, robotic tones.)  I think Eva will make a very good witness in court if ever she is called upon; she was most convincing.  When I went off to look at my bed…there, of course, were the unwanted Ken and Aladdin, stretched out stiffly, while their wanton Barbies cavorted on pillows in front of the TV…

No comments:

Post a Comment