Tuesday 23 August 2011

Wednesday 24th August


So how did Pete like my new Tropical Frocks? He is much disposed to admire various shades of grey and black and beige so my violently Sunset Coloured maxi-dress drew nothing but a startled gasp. And my black shirred frock, adorned with large blue flowers – well he smiled very fondly but not in admiration of the attire. Never mind! I will wear both of these dresses with great comfort and joy. And I think I look a treat! (A TropicalTreat…)


No we didn’t kick up our heels last night. We played with our computers, which was just mildly unpleasant – for example, I tried to get my blogpost up about fifteen times. Each time I JUST got it to “Publish post” – the last step – and it would fade away…computer says no… Eventually think I succeeded. Pete was having similar struggles with his banking site. I tore myself away from my epic discourse with cyberforces and made a very beautiful filling omelette for Pete, and a slightly less bursting one for myself. Once it was all done and dusted, we lay on the couches and read our books, with our lovely singers on our front terrace doing their Leo Sayer/Rod Stuart/Joe Cocker thing.


I forgot to say we made some new BFFs yesterday, from a catamaran called Reflections, just arrived from New Zealand. It took them nine days non-stop to get here. Oh it was no problem, a lovely if lively trip (60 knot winds, 6-9 metre swells), said Russell. Then I met Anne who had been very ill, in spite of scopatches… Next we met Eric, who we think is the owner. “So,” said Pete brightly, “A reasonable trip, nothing broken?” Eric beamed at him and started listing all of the things which were in fact shattered, bent, twisted, buggered…oh what fun!


Back in Tasmania most people I met said they were enjoying this blog. Either that or they hadn’t looked at it at all; not interested, too busy, etc etc. Why hadn’t I told them we were in Vanuatu, they said, accusingly? Well…I did…in cyberspace. And my many postcards to the grandchildren (mine, but also to Pete’s – we have 15, soon to be 16, between us,) were very much appreciated. Eva, 3½ was deeply suspicious. “So,” she said, accusingly, “How do you get postcards to OUR house when you are at sea on a BOAT?” And – oh dear – unfortunately I have revealed one of my big weaknesses by sending postcards to anyone at all… I have very poor handwriting. In fact it is godawful… Can I please point out that I am, on the other hand, a very good speller? Does this make amends?? I did tell one of my commenters that my writing is PARTICULARLY bad on the postcards because I am writing them on a wobbly boat. Or in a wobbly café while drinking wobbly alcohol…

Another complaint/request was for more info about sailing details. This blog IS, I realise, called SAILING2XS… Not…IDLEGOSSIP2XS. So I have asked Pete if he would make a regular contribution with details about wind, sails, lalala, engines, blah blah blah, bilges, ahahaha and he said – YES! This should be a big improvement; I will put his bit at the front so those who really only want to know about knots and wind and ocean swell and leaky this and that can move on to greener pastures very swiftly. Or not?? Anyone with any ideas/suggestions re this? Or maybe I will put it at the end, in big bold typeface?

1 comment:

  1. Just re-name it Sailing2xsLadyStyle and we'll all be happy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete