Monday 2 May 2011

Today 2XS slid majestically off the slip and back into the Motor Yacht Club marina in Lindisfarne.  The gearbox is fixed; the antifouling looks fabulously blue; all is well!

We have had a few more not-farewells… 

On Saturday we had a BBQ in Old Farm Rd, at Katy and Jeff’s, with an assembled multitude of close family members.  The younger children had a beautiful brass bell for Pete, to install on the boat.  (We had learned in our Collision Regulations course that a bell is compulsory – to be rung in thick fog.  And also, we hope, to announce Gin & Tonic Time!)  They organised a treasure hunt for him – he had to skip around the garden looking for the source of the mysterious ringing sound.  When he found it, it was in the middle of a circle of eight cheery children including two fairy princesses….

I have moved out of my house and the power is being disconnected tomorrow… this is a very big deal for me… I love my little house…and it is looking so very warm and clean and empty.  And…did I say warm???  We have moved into the apartment Pete is renovating in South Hobart.  It is very nice; or rather it is going to be very nice.  But it isn’t warm or empty…it is a bit of a work-in-progress, and very very cold.  Never mind; what are doonas for, and puffer jackets, and ugg boots?  And the shower is lovely and warm.  I am enjoying being in a slightly different neighbourhood (2 ks from my house…not exactly alien territory) and walking along different streets.  All novel and interesting.  Departure Date is next Monday so it is good to have the opportunity to be in this place for a few days, and see whether or not the – ahem- washing machine leaks before Pete rents it out.

2 comments:

  1. I did post a comment xxxx angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for interesting reports and especially for helping me find this BLOG!

    ReplyDelete