Saturday 14 May 2011

The sun is shining…well it was when I started writing but now it is pitch black and it is supposed to be the Dawning of the Age Of Aquarius out there…Planets aligning as we speak!

It is very cold in Hobart but I gather it is very cold everywhere, all the way up to Sydney at least. Pete has bought not one but two small and marvellous heaters for the boat. I think he looked at my pinched white face as I sat on the couch in the South Hobart apartment wearing scarf, boots, many layers of thermals, and realised that I would not improve out at sea in a cold cold boat… I might even start doing more than just whimpering faintly… Mind you everything has improved enormously since the heat pump has been connected and working in the apartment, and I have emerged from my frozen stupor to do some useful and practical things involving vacuum cleaner, spray ‘n’ wipe, washing machine etc etc. I have also bought more layers of warm clothing – thermal socks, merino gloves, a woollen beanie with a brim to shade the sun, should the sun shine…

And it would seem that we will be ready to go tomorrow… I don’t say this too loudly; I have been saying “goodbye” and “yes we’re leaving TOMORROW!” for a few weeks and I feel just a bit no-cred in this department…

We are spending our first night on board and the new gas heater is just FANTASTIC! I can feel the tropics already…

Saying goodbye – again – is another matter…not quite so fantastic….

We should be up and running with the wind by lunchtime tomorrow –after a few more goodbyes…oh dear… but yes ofcourse I am very keen for the adventure to begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment