Wednesday 20 April 2011

Today is my last day at work…
I can’t believe that I won’t be at my desk next week. 
My whole life revolves around work – getting ready to go, having a lunch break, deciding what to wear, having a weekend, meeting people at 5.06 or 1.00…How strange will it be to have all of this structure removed?? 
I am still looking at my sailing emails from last year – until we are actually under way/making way/whatever on 2XS I will keep finding bits to amuse myself (and, I hope, whoever happens to be reading…)
Steep learning curve (20th September 2010…)
Pete is teaching me to navigate and to keep an hourly log… AAGGHH!!   This involves keeping careful records of this and that; it also involves a compass, and a protractor, and charts and graphs… Imagine how good I am at all of this????
Oh well…
21st September 2010
Re the hourly log… You will be amazed to hear… I am improving!  I can now (more or less…) pinpoint our position with the map, the compass, the co-ordinates… And I quite enjoy doing it – a challenge!!   Yes ofcourse there is electronic stuff on board; our log is largely redundant.  But…if the electronics fail, we still know where we are by the old-fashioned method of ummm…plotting the course on a big paper chart.

2 comments:

  1. I HAD to come and follow your blog because your adventures sound so exciting! I look forward to reading about your travels and I wish you well x

    ReplyDelete