Sunday 24 April 2011

It is Easter in Hobart and we are very nearly ready to go…

Pete has been scrubbing and re-organising his garage in West Hobart; I have been scrubbing this and that, emptying drawers, entertaining family & friends, and cleaning the oven.  Guess which was more fun?? Oh what a tricky question…I love family and fires, do NOT love scrubbing…

The boat is to go up on the Domain slip on Tuesday, so our departure date depends on the results of activities from then on.

I hope I have solved the Prose Poem Problem...Nobody has leapt aboard my blog to help so maybe nobody is reading and nobody has noticed how very peculiar it looked yesterday...

Bars 2010

We crossed one bar, I think when we were coming out of Urangan (Hervey Bay.) I found it very thrilling but I think Pete was white with dread…BIG waves, a big swell and uncertain exit route. We were very happy to find a fishing boat ahead of us and we followed it faithfully. Then we overtook it and I watched it behind us while Pete steered – “They are turning sharply to the left NOW!!!” And we got over into calm water on the other side.

Pete has a friend in Port Macquarie, Andrew. We had another difficult bar to negotiate, so he very kindly went to the marine rescue office and rang on Pete’s phone to guide us through the bar. It was quite hair raising coming over the bar – huge surf, a narrow entrance – we had to rush in on the waves heading straight for the little beach… I thought it was just great – wee HEEE – but Pete was rigid with tension. He did very well. I spoke to Andrew on the phone and relayed the info to Pete on the wheel. Easy peasy…for me…

No comments:

Post a Comment