Saturday 10 December 2011

Sunday 11th December
Another huge great thunder storm is about to come crashing down upon our heads.  Not as much lighting as yesterday, in Mooloolabah, (yes I know I put too many OOs into this name yesterday…but I couldn’t help myself) but the sky is black and threatening and there are ominous rumblings.  We are safely tucked up in a marina in the Brisbane River, just near the Gateway Bridge.  We arrived about 2pm, and have just enough time to do our washing, have a shower, and catch up with Kerry. 
It was very interesting coming up the river – all industrial, with huge cranes and derricks, ships loading coal, oil, whatever.  We were very lucky that today happens to be Sunday and that it’s not very busy; otherwise we would have been playing dodgem cars again.
Our trip from Mooloolabah was wonderful.  The sea was silky smooth and calm, the wind blowing very faintly and not against us.  Not too far to go; all very dreamy.
Kerry has arrived and is having beer with Pete, listening to the thunder, and I am dashing back and forth to the laundry.  I am thrilled to bits because, for the first time ever, the washing facilities are FREE!  No having to find coins or tokens, and lots of them.  I am washing everything I can lay my hands on.
Tomorrow – the Gold Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment