Thursday 28 March 2013

29th March - last day at work - calling cards


Friday 29th March – Good Friday

And indeed a very good Friday…

I slept in until nearly 8, and got up to watch a very exciting snippet of The BFG with Leo.  Katy is now playing Bingo with Zoe and Rose and I can hear, Does anyone have an L? L L L?  What about B – B B B - for Bottom?  I don’t have to do anything, really, except drink my coffee and worry about why my mouse sometimes connects and sometimes doesn’t.  Later we are going for a walk up the mountain, known to Zoe as Our Wellington.

This is my first day of a long LONG period of leave and…I am still a bit overwhelmed. 

Last night I went to Barcelona after five, with some of the very nice people I have worked with over the last 12 years.  One of them had told me she was coming:  “We will be there, Marguerite, and we are going to get PISSED!!!”  I was mildly surprised by this…and when she arrived, did she get PISSED?  Well no…she and her colleague ordered…mineral water!

2XS is, presumably, still speeding up the coast, after a delightful Flinders Sojourn.  I will pass on any news from Captain Pete And Crew as soon as I hear anything.

Abel Labels have very swiftly and efficiently printed off 500 calling cards, with a nice, windswept photo of 2XS and a few pertinent contact details.  I was very happy to collect them.  Last time we realised halfway through the trip that this would have been a very good idea… Everyone we met, on a boat, had a nicely-presented card, with a photo, whereas Pete and I were always tearing bits of paper out of notebooks, or the bottom of newspapers, and scrawling out email addresses etc.  As well as this, most of the chiefs (jifs) on the islands had a very important and well-loved Visitors Book, full of photos and cards from visiting boats.  We would have to write out our details for them, and they were invariably disappointed because they wanted a colour photo and something a bit more legible… 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bahahahaha at your colleague and the mineral water (AND THE BFG IS ON TELEVISION/ DVD? Fred would love it? Can you tell me the details of how you saw it??). Good luck with the adventure (although I see from the next post you're almost (and probably are) in Sydney :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hired the BFG from Blockbuster on small change Tuesday ($2 for a week). It is great but has some quite scary bits!

      Delete
  2. And, Mum it was actually "B B B for Bardy's Bottom".

    ReplyDelete